Started in 2002, Sondrel today has an international network of offices, and a team of highly experienced engineers that deliver an unparalleled concept-to-silicon design service to technology companies worldwide. Through our success over the decades, we have grown in employee numbers, office locations, and in the scope of expertise we supply to our clients.
- 2022: Sondrel listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market
- 2021: Sondrel launches Architecting the future family of IP platforms
- 2020: Sondrel completed its largest chip design to date with 30 billion transistors
- 2019: Sondrel taped out its second design at 7nm.
- 2019: Sondrel's executive team expands in line with growth across its 7 global locations
- 2018: Sondrel opened a secure design centre in Hyderabad, India in the CyberPearl Building.
- 2017: Sondrel acquired the IMGWorks SoC development team from Imagination Technologies, resulting in an enhanced engineering capability, with additional headcount and design centre locations.
- 2016: We became an ARM approved design partner
- 2015: Our offshore facilities continued to grow. We opened a new Moroccan design centre in August. In September our operations in China were augmented with the opening of a new design centre in Xi'an.
- 2013: Sondrel House in Theale, Berkshire became our new UK headquarters.
- 2013: The Shanghai team expanded and moved to a larger office in response to demand for our services and a growth in the number of concurrent client projects.
- 2013: In partnership with the University of Nottingham and Mentor Graphics, Sondrel embarked on an ambitious project to introduce an intense, industry post-graduate training course in China.
- 2010: Graham Curren, Sondrel CEO, was voted on the board of the CBBC (China Britain Business Council), lending his expertise to strengthening the commercial relationship between the UK and China.
- 2010: A second office was opened in Shanghai, China, establishing a close link with loyal clients in the region.
- 2009: Sondrel won the Queen’s Award for Innovation, recognising the value of its methodology and flow development, called Helium & Neon.
- 2008: Our first Chinese design centre opened located in the ancient Chinese capital, Xi'an
- 2004 - 2009: Sondrel expanded its client base and opened engineering offices in France, Israel and Italy.
- 2002: Sondrel was founded, establishing its first design centre in the UK.
Read an interview with our CEO to find out more..