We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our UK team on a permanent basis. This position can be based at any of our UK sites in Theale, Bristol or Kings Langley although Theale would be preferable.
The UK Engineering Manager will have the responsibility of leading the UK Engineering team. This includes, the day to day management activities and career development of the team while assigning regular tasks, reviewing work services output, evaluating performance and providing feedback. In addition, responsibility for hiring and training new employees, providing/creating work schedules and ensuring appropriate resource cover to deliver on and accomplish organisational goals and objectives.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies.
- Opportunities to work on projects for AI, Automotive, Fintech, IoT, and SSD applications.
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Directly managing a team to deliver high performance and efficiency and encouraging individuals to work together to achieve success while setting clear parameters about expectations for quality, accuracy, timely delivery of work.
- Communicating with the project management team to ensure project execution in time, in schedule and in budget.
- Hiring to headcount by working closely with the HR department to manage the demand and supply of resources and the delivery of the resourcing strategy that identifies and addresses skills gap and capability within the team.
- Monitoring departmental employee turnover and improving retention within the team by effective communication/regular meetings, scheduled one-to-one meetings with each team member to discuss activities, priorities, progress, share knowledge and resolve issues.
- Providing effective performance management through the setting and communicating of expectations, objectives, regular performance reviews and taking intervention where necessary.
- Ensures most effective and efficient utilisation of team resource based on a good understanding of the company’s deliverables and priorities.
- Authorisation of expenses, timecards, annual leave, sickness/absence, holidays and maintaining records of the same.
- Motivating direct reports so they deliver or exceed set objectives and KPI’s through organising performance reviews including taking input from engagement/project managers.
- Act as a role model leader by displaying solid leadership skills and providing excellent, structure, support, direction and purpose and identifying individual requirements to optimise their effectiveness and achieve organisational goals.
- Personal interaction with line reports to ensure reports perform at their best and deliver high performance.
- Ensure new reports are appropriately welcomed and inducted into the team including discussing e.g. the formal job description and set basic expectations for the job, for behaviours and for performance.
- Managing and reviewing performance regularly, identifying career development needs and opportunities and implementing a performance improvement plan and career development planning opportunities.
- Communication skills to effectively manage and engage direct reports ensuring the performance is in line with their job role.
Skills & Experience:
- Typically, 10+ years’ experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Able to evaluate issues and define solutions and provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Possesses a broad cross disciplinary knowledge but with the ability to apply advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
- Able to recognise and develop new business opportunities while providing feedback for technical innovation.
- Able to lead and contribute to technical team and departmental discussions.
- Contributes to the development of technical sales documents such as a Statement of Work and relating with customers at all stages of sales interaction.
- Project management experience.
- Have enough understanding of Front-End Design, Verification and Physical Design requirements.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage successfully.
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly with excellent time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to guide and mentor more junior team members.
- Ability to work under pressure with solid organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative with excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package including a company financial bonus.