Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Design Architecture, the Solution Architect will work closely with customers, business development and engineering leads to present Sondrel’s capabilities, understand customer requirements and develop technical contract bids, enabling Sondrel to win new business, meeting target, revenue, margin and utilisation.
- Build confidence in the company’s vision and capabilities, by participating in customer and partner meetings to present Sondrel’s engineering credentials.
- Understand the customer requirements and coordinate a bid team of architects, technical leads, project managers and partners to develop technical project proposals,
- Support the Business Development team in developing commercial proposals such as RFQ Responses and Statements of Work, providing the technical content for documents used in the sales process.
- Perform the role of Program Manager / Engagement Manager maintaining good relations with customers and ensuring smooth execution of the engineering project to meet customer expectations and protect margins.
Using broad technical knowledge and project planning skills, provide pre-sales technical support to generate bids for design services solutions, working alongside the Business Development team. The Solutions Architect will work with the Regional Engineering Line Managers and technical experts to estimate effort, schedule and costs of project delivery, contributing to bids and elaborating the scope of work of customer proposals.
Working with prospective customers to identify opportunities, understand requirements and develop IC design solutions and services proposals. Working with existing customers to ensure that the correct level of technical expertise is provided, and challenging customers to understand and utilize new techniques where they will add value to the customer’s business. Working with partner companies to understand new EDA tools, IP offerings and semiconductor supply chain options that can enhance the service offering to customers.
- A degree/masters in either a relevant subject e.g. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Masters or PhD in a related subject but with 10 years practicable experience
- PMP / PgMP certification
Skills & Experience
- SoC / Digital IC product development
- Project management
- Understanding of FE and BE IC design methodologies.
- Program management
- Previous experience of customer facing / partnership or supplier management role.
- Experience of working in a service business.
- Development of Statements of Work
- Familiar with automotive safety critical design processes e.g. ISO26262 ASIL B or ASIL D
- Strong communication skills in a customer facing capacity
- Able to lead through influence, without direct management authority
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem-solving skills
- Able to travel max. 1-2 weeks