Sondrel designs some of the most complex SoCs (System on Chips) in the world; a host of tools are required from the early stages of chip design all the way through to delivering a silicon tested board support package to customers. You will be a highly competent engineer who proactively seeks to find new ways to optimize our development process by designing new tools and maintaining existing ones, typically in python, bash, or C.
You will gain insight into the hardware team’s flow and methodologies, bringing best practice software skills to bear on the tools they use to improve automation, consistency and efficiency. You will be confident and persuasive in defending our codebase against quick fixes. You will be focused on the long term, creating something that is robust that you are proud to put your name to.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm
- Opportunity to be part of a team working on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and IoT
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development
- Develop and improve existing tools to optimize Hardware development workflows (automation/testing/deployment)
- Design complex Python applications that require knowledge of OOP principles, multithreading etc.
- Collaborate with Hardware and Software teams to design new tools and workflows and increase the overall product quality
- Automate unit, functional and system testing
- Maintaining and extending existing continuous integration and testing
- Keeping tool documentation up to date and sharing key information to spread knowledge throughout the team.
- Participation in peer review processes, giving constructive feedback to others and addressing feedback received yourself in a positive manner
- Self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent Python programming language skills
- bash scripting
- Experience with Object Oriented concepts and development
- Continuous integration (Jenkins or similar)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding and experience of git source control
- Good communicator
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Prepared to gather opinions and suggestions on how to solve issues from other members of the team
- Very good spoken and written English language skills
- Knowledge of C Programming Language
- Ability to read HDL code (VHDL, Verilog...)
- Understanding of Hardware architecture
- Database fundamentals, SQL