We are looking for a Physical Design Team Lead with min 6 years experience who will work as part of a Physical implementation design team. You will have responsibility for block development and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS exploring your leadership and team management skills.
This role will be based in Sondrel India Hyderabad Office.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT)
- World Class Customers
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life balance
Purpose of Role:
The Physical Design Senior Engineering Team Lead is expected to work and lead and be a part of a Physical implementation design team. The successful Team Lead will be leading a team and working on a variety of projects and new cutting edge technologies down to 7nm.
- EDA tool knowledge essential with either Synopsys (e.g. Design compiler, ICC, ICC2, ICV, Primetime etc)
- Cadence (Genus, Innovus, Tempus, Voltus etc) flows;
- Knowledge of point tools such as Mentor Calibre or Apache Redhawk is beneficial but not essential;
- Show experience and ability in all the tools or be an outstanding expert in one or two, examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification
- TCL, Perl and or Python
- Prepare training plan and conduct training of new PD team members, new tools flow set-up and any tool evaluations.
- Undertaking RTL to GDSII tasks covering; hierarchical physical design strategies and methodologies Place and Route, Static Timing Analysis, Synthesis, Physical Design, IR drop, DRC and LVS;
- Either lead physical design projects as an expert or undertaking a task and develop capabilities in a specific field of physical design;
- Solving problems of significant complexity or demonstrate an understanding to interpret results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- Engage in maintaining the high quality of the team work produced
UG: B. Tech /B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers with 5-12 years’’ experience in Physical Design project implementation
PG: MTech - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers with 5-12 years’’ experience in same domain
- Excellent communication skills with team members, management and to engage professionally and directly with customers;
- Work as a team across global locations, supporting and mentoring others to achieve the best outcome.
- Team Leader with ability to work under pressure, solution oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis to international locations
- Ability to take secondments abroad for 3-6 months.
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- TCL, Perl and or Python
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression. opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.