Sondrel (MNC) opened a design centre in India Hyderabad during 2017 and we are looking out to expand our engineering team. An opportunity has arisen for a Physical Design Engineer with at least 2 years' experience to work on various projects down to 7nm and cutting edge technologies.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm.
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT).
- World Class Customers
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life Balance
Purpose of Role:
The Physical Design Engineer is expected to work as a part of a Physical design implementation team with execution knowledge and complete assigned project tasks. Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development. Engineer will be working on a variety of projects and technologies down to 7nm.
- Integrates thorough technical knowledge within discipline; Tcl, Perl and or Python skills;
- PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus;
- Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC;
- Experience of Formality or Formalpro, Synopsys IC Validator - Design Compiler, Atoptech/EDI/ICC, Calibre, HSPICE, LEC;
- Primetime/Tempus, Redhawk, and StarRC/QRC;
- High-performance, low-power physical design techniques
- You will contribute to physical design projects with guidance and have some ability to work independently
- Working on a wide range of physical design implementation matters such as floorplan, Power Plan, Placement, Clock Planning and Clock Tree Synthesis, Power/IR Drop analysis (Static and Dynamic), routing, Signal Integrity Analysis, Static Timing Analysis, Physical Verification (DRC, ERC, LVS), antenna fixing, DFM and DFY closure
- Complete assigned tasks in line with the required time and quality instructions, these tasks cover areas such as floorplan.
UG: B. Tech /B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers with 2-4 years’’ experience
PG: MTech - VLSI, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers with 2-4 years’’ experience in same domain.
- Self-motivated, self-organised, enthusiastic person who is keen to excel.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities quickly.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure & own initiative.
- Solution oriented.
- Willingness to travel international locations.
- Ability to take secondments (UK) abroad for 3-6 months.
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- TCL, Perl and or Python
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.