Purpose of the Role:
The role involves building, mentoring and managing a design team in Sondrel India, working directly with customers, IP vendors and architects to define innovative tailored solutions that can be translated into high quality, achievable designs.
A lead technical planner and contributor on ASIC and IP development projects, working very closely with the program management and senior design leads to implement and track digital IP designs and integrate these and 3rd party designs into customer SoCs.
The professional will own and technically lead aspects of a design or ASIC/SoC integration and will lead and monitor the India design team interactions between multi-site engineering teams to ensure efficient communication, resolve design and methodology issues and make effective decisions to ensure projects remain on track with respect to schedules, budgets and quality commitments.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Leadership opportunity to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and explore project and team management challenges.
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT).
- World Class Customers.
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges.
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centers and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life Balance.
- Directly building, mentoring and managing a design team to deliver high performance and efficiency and encouraging individuals to work together to achieve success while setting clear parameters about expectations for quality, accuracy and timely delivery of work.
- Hiring to headcount by working closely with the HR department to manage the demand and supply of resources and the delivery of the resourcing strategy that identifies and addresses skills gap and capability within the team.
- Monitoring departmental employee turnover and improving retention within the team by effective communication/regular meetings, scheduled one-to-one meetings with each team member to discuss activities, priorities, progress, share knowledge and resolve issues.
- Providing effective performance management through the setting and communicating of expectations, objectives, regular performance reviews and taking intervention where necessary.
- Definition of design intent/micro-architecture and new design methodology and clear documentation thereof.
- Building a robust design team, provide technical training, documentation on methodologies and practical support to engineering team members as required.
- Trialling and deployment of industry-leading EDA tools for design quality assurance, power optimisation, constraints generation and synthesis/timing analysis.
- Collate engineering data and provide regular feedback to customers and program management about plans, risks, issues, progress etc.
- Ownership of design blocks and technical leadership of all front-end aspects of their development from specification through handover with physical design team. Ongoing technical support through to productisation.
- Represent Sondrel at universities, conferences and meetings and present technical papers.
- Work with broader engineering teams and engineering management to define new or improved methodologies and ways of working effectively delegating tasks relating to technical design and flow development.
- Work with program management team to identify risks and opportunities, estimate engineering effort and update on progress against project plans.
Bachelor's degree/master's in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with 10+ years of experience in ASIC/ CPU IP design.
- Very strong knowledge of digital design concepts and application in complex SoCs;
- Ability to work as part of a team, train and lead the team with technical direction;
- Solves technical problems of advanced complexity and conveys/applies solutions;
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- Program management both face-to-face and using online planning tools;
- Contributes to technical white papers;
- Contributes to sales support as part of a team effort;
- Use of Issue and Task tracking tools (e.g. Jira);
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog;
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management;
- Design for Test;
- Linux software frameworks;
- Design checking – Lint, CDC;
- Power intent– UPF and or CPF;
- Synthesis and constraints generation;
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation;
- Database Management;
- Project Planning;
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT;
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and time management skills;
- Team organisation and ability to set and change priorities quickly;
- Team player and self-motivated;
- Ability to motivate a team under pressure;
- Organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work under own initiative;
- A willingness to travel on an occasional basis and work the required hours;
- Technical planning;
- Conflict resolution;
- Ability to quantify risks and estimate engineering effort;
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team.
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.