Purpose of role:
The main purpose of the SoC Architect role is to support sales in understand the customers’ high-level product concepts and convert these to a concept architecture by performing system architecture design studies from which a commercial proposal (RFQ Response) can be derived for an ASIC project. The concept architecture should meet the customer requirements and maximizes the value that Sondrel can deliver to the customer. If acceptable to the customer a full Architecture Specification will be developed that can be executed by the engineering team and the SoC Architect will perform the role of design authority through-out the development process, until validated silicon is signed-off.
- Will be required to provide sales support as part of a customer facing team, to elaborate a customer’s design concept into a commercial IC design service proposal.
- Performing architecture design studies to develop a fully costed concept architect
- Developing reference architectures to address target market segments
- Responsible for refining SoC market requirements and developing the SoC architecture specifications, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan
- The SoC architecture document and implementation specification will cover key IP, clock, reset, bus fabric, and IO/pad-ring specification and configuration
- Involvement in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation, acting as design authority for the project.
- Technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries
- Communicate with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and silicon operations
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
- Should be able to coach junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activity including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floor planning).
- Typically, 10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives
- Input skill set one or more of the following:
- System design, SoC implementation, and verification
- Performance analysis
- Power analysis
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team or takes the lead in solving the issue.
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Develops and presents technical white papers.
- Systems architecture and related SoC architecture understanding:
- Application processors
- AI inference
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262, DO.254
- Cache coherency understanding
- Advanced SoC bus fabrics e.g. NoC’s
- Memory architectures
- Interface IP experience
- Verilog, Tcl, Perl and or Python, SystemC
- Strong communication skills in a customer facing capacity.
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Fast learner, responding flexibly and positively to changing situations
- Proactive and hands-on
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- Able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity for career progression