Sondrel is looking for a passionate SoC Architect holding minimum 10 years experience to join our team in Theale, Reading.
You will have a thorough understanding of high level product concepts from our customers and take ownership in converting these to concept architecture from which a commercial proposal can be derived. When required, you will also develop a full Architecture Specification and perform the role of design authority until the development process is validated and signed-off.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development
- Provide sales support as part of a customer facing team, to elaborate a customer’s design concept into a commercial IC design service proposal.
- Refining SoC market requirements and developing the SoC architecture specifications, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan
- The SoC architecture document and implementation specification will cover key IP, clock, reset, bus fabric, and IO/pad-ring specification and configuration
- Involvement in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation, acting as design authority for the project.
- Technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries
- Communicate with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and product engineering
- Applying judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Coaching junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activities including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floor planning)
Leadership and Engagement:
- Excellent communication skills with team members, management and to engage professionally and directly with customers
- Work as a team across global locations, supporting and mentoring others to achieve the best outcome
Skills and Attributes:
- Advanced SoC bus fabrics e.g. NoCs
- Experience with Interface IP, IP design and IPXACT
- Strong communication skills in a customer facing capacity
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- Fast learner, responding flexibly and positively to changing situations
- A degree in a relevant subject is essential for this position
- A masters or PhD in a related subject with practical experience is desired
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus