Sondrel is looking for a talented SoC Architect holding in the region of 10 years experience to join our team.
You will have a thorough understanding of high level product concepts from our customers and take ownership in converting these to concept architecture from which a commercial proposal can be derived. When required, you will also develop a full Architecture Specification and perform the role of design authority until the development process is validated and signed-off.
- Provide sales support as part of a customer facing team, to elaborate a customer’s design concept into a commercial IC design service proposal.
- Refining SoC market requirements and developing the SoC architecture specifications, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan
- The SoC architecture document and implementation specification will cover key IP, clock, reset, bus fabric, and IO/pad-ring specification and configuration
- Involvement in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation, acting as design authority for the project.
- Technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries
- Communicate with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and product engineering
- Applying judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Coaching junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activities including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floor planning)
Leadership and Engagement:
- Excellent communication skills with team members, management and to engage professionally and directly with customers
- Work as a team across global locations, supporting and mentoring others to achieve the best outcome
Skills and Attributes:
- Typically 10 years experience
- Skill set in System Design, SoC Implementation and Verification, Performance analysis
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate and solve issues
- Experience in developing and presenting white papers
- Interface IP experience
- IP design experience
- SoC Architecture understanding
- A degree in a relevant subject is essential for this position
- A masters or PhD in a related subject with practical experience is desired but not essential
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days paid annual holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity for career progression