We are looking for a Physical Design Engineer who will work as part of a Physical implementation design team.
You will have responsibility for block development and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS.
This role will be based in one of our UK design offices: Bristol, Kings Langley or Theale.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm;
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- You will be capable of solving problems of moderate complexity and apply judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- You should be able to contributes to technical white papers and contribute to sales support.
- EDA tool knowledge essential with either Synopsys (e.g, design compiler, ICC, ICC2, ICV, Primetime etc) and / or Cadence (Genus, Innovus, Tempus, Voltus etc) flows. Knowledge of point tools such as Mentor Calibre or Apache Redhawk is beneficial but not essential.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will have a proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in a particular subject matter;
- You will have first class communication skills and be adept at guiding and developing other team members;
- You will have the ability to mentor and develop team members to create innovative new ideas and promote a highly creative environment;
- Listen to customer feedback, recognize opportunities and provide feedback for technical innovation
- Contribute to technical discussions with customers at all stages of sales interaction and take part in the development of technical documentation.
A degree in a related subject with 5 years’ practicable experience is essential.