We are looking for a Senior Consultant Physical Design Engineer who will be expected to work as part of a Physical implementation design team.
You will have responsibility for block development and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS and will be expected to be diligent their ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
This role will be based in one of our UK design offices: Bristol, Kings Langley or Theale.
- You will contribute to Physical Design projects with little guidance and have the ability to work independently;
- You will be capable of solving problems of moderate complexity and apply judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- You will have experience in one of the following areas: Synthesis, PnR, Formal Verification, Custom layout techniques and Analog Simulation;
- You should be able to contributes to technical white papers and contribute to sales support.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will have a proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- You will be a subject matter expert within a technical discipline with latitude for decision making;
- You will have first class communication skills and be adept at guiding and developing other team members;
- You will have the ability to mentor and develop team members to create innovative new ideas and promote a highly creative environment;
- Listen to customer feedback, recognize opportunities and provide feedback for technical innovation
- Contribute to technical discussions with customers at all stages of sales interaction and take part in the development of technical documentation.
A Bachelor, Masters PhD in a related subject with 5 years’ practicable experience is essential.
- Expertise in the following areas: PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus; Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC;
- Experience of Formailty or Formalpro and of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator;
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments;
- Develops and presents technical white papers;
- Tcl, Perl and or Python knowledge.