Sondrel design some of the most complex SoCs in the world. We deliver high quality IC designs to technology companies across multiple market sectors and our success is based on our knowledge of how to get the most out of silicon and how to get it to market on time.
The Senior Consultant Engineer will be a hands-on technical contributor to ASIC / SoC and IP development projects and will work on designs using a range of hardware description languages.
You will work very closely with ASIC / SoC project leaders to implement, synthesise and integrate designs, run design checks and develop design methodologies.
Sondrel is a design services company so this position will involve analyzing customer technical requirements, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively in a multi-site development environment.
This role can be based in our following locations: Kings Langley, Bristol or Theale.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm;
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
Responsibilities, Skills and Experience:
- Keep up to date with all the advances in the field and ensure the company is well at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technology, methodologies and processes used in the industry;
- Analysis of customer requirements and implementation of functional digital designs and integration flows for complex SoCs;
- Contribute to technical white papers and support a wide range of creative and talented engineers in multiple technical disciplines;
- Good knowledge of digital design concepts;
- Knowledge of HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog;
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management;
- Knowledge of Bus Protocols (including AMBA), Interconnect architectures (including NOC) and Performance understanding;
- Knowledge of Design for Test (DFT), Design Checking (Lint, CDC) and Power Intent (UPF or CPF);
- Basic synthesis and constraints generation knowledge;
- SoC level verification experience – HW / SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation;
- Ability to use languages such as Perl, Python, Java, Tcl and IP-XACT.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will have a proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in a particular subject matter;
- Listen to customer feedback, recognize opportunities and provide feedback for technical innovation;
- The opportunity to lead and train others on the team.
A degree in a related subject with 5 years’ practicable experience is essential.