Sondrel are looking for advanced verification engineers to contribute to existing IC development projects, based in the Hyderabad office working closely with the UK engineering team. The successful engineer will be working on a variety of projects and technologies down to 7nm.
You willl be a hands-on technical contributor, working closely with IC project management and technical teams to understand the customer use requirements. In addition to synthesise and map either full SoCs or reference designs to hardware emulators, debug and optimise for efficient running of software code including verification-oriented test cases and full kernel/driver stacks. You will also be occasionally involved in other design or verification tasks and support. This position involves analysing customer technical requirements, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively in a multi-site development environment. This role would be ideal for an Engineer with a minimum 7 years’ experience.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Sondrel’s engineers gain a wealth of experience and exposure to numerous projects, technologies, applications and personal engagements. Applications can include; AI, Automotive, and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Lead some of the most complex designs or learn from other talented engineering capabilities, whilst working on one of the numerous designs in progress at a time.
- Generation and compilation of emulation-specific views of either full SoCs or reference designs
- Debug and bring-up on emulator hardware – typically Mentor, but also Cadence. Using a variety of modes (testbench mode, In-circuit mode with debug probes/SCE-MI host access and potentially peripheral bridges)
- Design performance analysis
- Architectural analysis of complex system features, e.g system boot, coherency, video processing, and debug
- Power Analysis
- Development of mixed mode co-emulation verification environments (e.g. systemC, SystemVerilog, Verilog, UVM etc)
- Hardware and software co-verification and debug
- Good knowledge of digital design concepts
- Experience of common Emulation tools such as Mentor Veloce and/or Cadence Palladium
- Ability to apply judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Experience of Unix/Linux environments
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog capabilities
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management
Microelectronics degree or equivalent
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including financial bonus
- Opportunity for travel to other Sondrel sites.