The main purpose of the RTL design role is to design IP for customer specific applications. It is very common for our customers to ask us to develop IP blocks that differentiate the SoC we are developing from any other. The position will be on our SoC Solutions team based in either Bristol, Kings Langley or Theale.
- Specifing, micro-architecting, implementing and performing design verification of complex RTL IP blocks. IP blocks can range from basic SoC building blocks, all the way through to complex video processing, data manipulation and encoding/decoding logic;
- Involvement in the complete IP development cycle, from the customer’s initial concepts, through to providing support for back-end layout and silicon validation;
- Work closely with the SoC architect to ensure designs meet the project requirements and interface correctly with the rest of the SoC;
- Influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and product engineering;
- Provide sales support as part of a team;
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- Engaged in maintaining a high quality of work;
- Able to coach junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activities including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floorplanning);
- Able to contribute to technical white papers;
- Capable of maintaining accurate time keeping and be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
A Masters or PhD in a related subject but with 5 years practicable experience is essential.
Skills and Experience:
- IP design, implementation, verification, RTL synthesis, performance analysis, power analysis;
- Video processing;
- AXI protocols;
- Digital IP protocols;
- Security architecture;
- IPXACT experience;
- Tcl, Perl and or Python, SystemC expertise;
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project;
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments;
- Develops and presents technical white papers;
Sondrel is a UK headquartered fast growing and expanding multinational IC Design Services Consultancy who are continuously investing in its design capabilities and introducing new areas of consultancy as the semiconductor market itself evolves and changes.
Our vast expertise in IC design, combined with its unique systems approach to developing client solutions, puts us at the forefront of the latest cutting edge IC design capabilities. Achieving and sustaining its growth requires the hiring of the good staff to achieve the balance of delivering career satisfaction to our employees and providing successful project outcomes for our customers. We are currently seeking to expand the UK OFFICE team.
With offices in the USA, UK, France, Morocco and China, the opportunity exists for successful applicants to take up temporary assignments at one of design centres at any of the other international offices.
** Please note that application will be considered from candidates entitled to work in the UK/EU without any visa/ residency restrictions**
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration and additional benefits including a company financial bonus;
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting edge design company;
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team.
We are looking for proactive and technically gifted design engineers who are keen to join and expand the teams at an exciting growth phase of the company. The successful candidates will be comfortable in participating in companywide engineering dialogue and will assist in the efficient and successful delivery of designs for our clients and customers.
For other open opportunities we are currently recruiting for across our different offices, you can also visit our careers page - https://www.sondrel.com/careers...