JI 05 0419/01
Sondrel are looking for an excellent Regional Engineering Manager to join our great team on a permanent basis.
The Regional Engineering Manager will lead a team of over 30 personnel and will cascade initiatives through Senior Engineering Managers based on-site who will run the management of their particular practices, having direct accountability for overall regional performance in line with both internal and customer SLA agreements.
As a Regional Manager, you will be a brand ambassador of Sondrel as the business becomes more established and continues its growth plan over the coming years.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development
- Managing the Engineering Managers and Technical Project Managers for them to deliver high performance and efficiency and encouraging individuals to work together to achieve success while setting clear parameters about expectations for quality, accuracy and timely delivery of work.
- Collaborating with the Programme Management team to ensure project execution is on time, on schedule and on budget.
- Working closely with the pre-sales engineering team to provide technical and engineering management knowledge insight to perspective customers.
- Ensuring a consistent and healthy relationship with current customers to ensure project deliverables are met as agreed.
- Hiring and influencing headcount by overseeing relations with the engineering team and the recruitment department to manage the delivery of the resourcing strategy.
- Monitoring regional employee turnover and improving retention within the team through performance development. Developing team expertise to support new business growth.
- Providing effective performance management through the setting and communicating of expectations, objectives, regular performance reviews and taking intervention where necessary.
- Ensures most effective and efficient utilisation of team resource based on a good understanding of the company’s deliverables and priorities.
Duties & Activities:
- Motivating direct reports so they deliver or exceed set objectives and KPI’s through organising performance reviews.
- Conduct regular 1-1's with your Senior Managers to ensure projects are aligned with customer needs and resource allocation.
- Act as a role model leader by displaying solid leadership skills and providing excellent, structure, support, direction and purpose and identifying individual requirements to optimise their effectiveness and achieve organisational goals.
- Plan and implement Learning & Development strategies for the team to align with business growth plan.
- Communicating with stakeholders globally to ensure consistent working practices within technical expertise, people management and customer deliveries.
Skills & Attributes:
- Able to evaluate issues and define solutions and provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Possesses a broad cross disciplinary knowledge but with the ability to apply advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
- Able to recognise and develop new business opportunities while providing feedback for technical innovation.
- Able to lead and contribute to technical team and departmental discussions.
- Contributes to the development of technical sales documents such as a Statement of Work and relating with customers at all stages of sales interaction.
- Have sufficient understanding of Front End Design, Verification and Physical Design requirements
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage successfully.
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly with excellent time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to guide and mentor more junior team members.
- Ability to work under pressure with solid organisational and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative with excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- A degree in a related subject with 10+ years practical experience.
- Project management qualification would be desirable.
Sondrel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.