Sondrel provides high quality leading edge technical services through its partnership model. It is essential that Sondrel is perceived in the industry as a technical leader, providing services in the latest techniques, and with a high quality, well managed, stable and motivated delivery team. The engineering head for India will be responsible for executing the projects assigned to that region, for ensuring high customer satisfaction, and for growing the team as directed by the business plan. This position will be based at our Hyderabad design centre.
- You will be responsible for all of Sondrel's engineers in the India region, and for the work that they do;
- You will have direct line management responsibilities and ensure that the Sondrel team is well motivated, well trained, and can create a strong partnership with the customers;
- You will ensure that staff retention is maintained at target level, hiring and headcount targets are met, utilisation targets are achieved, and repeat customer business is maintained at 100%.
Leadership & Engagement:
- Manage the team structure to ensure the appropriate level of responsibility and remuneration is provided to all engineering staff;
- Work with Sondrel's BU Head, and the L&D team, to ensure that appropriate technical and inter-personal skills training is provided;
- Work with Sondrel's global HR team to ensure that the hiring targets are met (for both quantity and quality of staff and execution of the hiring process);
- Ensure that retention targets are met, by motivating the staff and effectively utilising the resources from Sondrel;
- Ensure that the culture and working practices of Sondrel are known and implemented throughout the team.
- Ensure that Sondrel's customer projects are delivered profitably and to the satisfaction of the customers;
- Ensure strong management of projects, closely following the defined project management practices, and delivering accurate and timely reports;
- Identify, coach and lead Sondrel's engagement managers to deliver a high quality customer experience;
- Manage Sondrel's available engineering resources, including subcontractors, to achieve the target utilisation rates;
- Own the relationship with the customer and developing the trust required to provide assurance of delivery.
This is an exciting time to join Sondrel and play a significant role in developing our brand in India.
We have big plans for the region for building our engineering team and continuing to develop our technical expertise.
This role will be based in our Hyderabad design centre.