Purpose of role
- Plan project execution
- Control costs and project risks
- Contract management
- Report status and plan internally and to customers
- Manage change within projects
- Preserve/realise value
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ensure the delivery of project within budget and timeline and create, revise and deliver project work plans as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project including agreeing objectives while representing the client's and organisations interests.
- Provide advice on the management of the project using IT systems to keep track of engineers and project progress while assigning responsibilities.
- Carry out risk assessments making sure project aims and quality standards are met.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation including the submission of project status reports.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject, or experience in lieu.
- Project management qualification - PMP / PRINCE II certification would be an advantage.
Skills and Experience
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Able to evaluate issues and define solutions and provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Able to strongly influence without direct line management authority
- Excellent client-facing, internal communication and conflict management skills
- Familiarity with the interpretation of commercial contracts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Competent in project management methodologies and frameworks (Agile, Lean, Waterfall and Mixed methodology).
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days paid annual holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity for career progression