Purpose of role:
- Plan project execution
- Control costs and project risks
- Contract management
- Report status and plan internally and to customers
- Manage change within projects
- Preserve/realise value
- Ensure the delivery of project within budget and timeline. Create, revise and deliver project work plans as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project including agreeing objectives while representing the client's and organisations interests.
- Provide advice on the management of the project using IT systems to keep track of engineers and project progress while assigning responsibilities.
- Carry out risk assessments making sure project aims and quality standards are met.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation including the submission of project status reports.
- Drive delivery of the project as defined by its Statement of Work
- Own the detailed work plan which identifies the activities required to successfully complete the project including the level of required resources (time, equipment, etc.)
- Drive resolution of resource conflicts between projects (with the regional engineering managers and VP Engineering)
- Ensure all engineers receive appropriate orientation to the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan and develop forms and records to document project activities
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders and monitor the progress (making necessary adjustments) to ensure successful completion.
- Make out of schedule escalations to key stakeholders if and when necessary
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards and client expectations.
- Write reports on the project for management and customer including monitoring all budgeted project expenditures
- Ensure resource assignments, billing and financial records are up to date; project objectives and deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject, or experience in lieu.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject with 12+ years practical experience, or Masters /PhD in a related subject with 10+ years practical experience.
- Project management qualification - PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
Skills & Experience
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Able to evaluate issues and define solutions and provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Able to strongly influence without direct line management authority
- Solid technical background with some relevance to SoC/IC design
- Excellent client-facing, internal communication and conflict management skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the interpretation of commercial contracts
- Proven working experience in project management in the IC design sector
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Hands on experience in SoC design (any or all disciplines from architecture through to packaging)
- Competent in project management methodology
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to manage successfully.
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly with excellent time management skills.
- Resilient and persistent, able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and adaptable to competing requirements
- Able to work under own initiative with excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus discretionary annual performance bonus
- Pension Scheme