Sondrel design some of the most complex SoCs in the world. We deliver high quality IC designs to technology companies across multiple market sectors and our success is based on our knowledge of how to get the most out of silicon and how to get it to market on time.
The Principal Engineering Consultant will work as part of Sondrel’s SoC design team. You will have responsibility for SoC IP and subsystem integration. The ideal candidate will possess excellent knowledge of DDR3/4 and have the ability to lead Sondrel into DDR5 developments.
This role can be based in our following locations: Kings Langley, Bristol or Theale.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm;
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
Skills and Experience:
- You will be able to show ability in many tools or be an expert in one or two. Examples of which are: RTL specification and design, Synthesis, Lint / CDC, Formal verification, IP and SoC simulation and DFT;
- DDR3/4 working knowledge with the ability to lead Sondrel into DDR5 developments;
- Expert knowledge of the JEDEC standards;
- Knowledge of industry available modules capable of achieving high bandwidth solutions;
- 3rd party IP relationship & implementation of controllers and phy;
- High bandwidth interface knowledge off-chip and within the SoC;
- High speed data transfer and management;
- Power management techniques;
- System tuning for peak performance;
- Multiple modes of operation;
- Definition and ownership of next generation multi-protocol, high-speed SerDes architecture, providing flexibility and robustness exceeding 16Gbps;
- Exposure to a variety of IP for integration including PCI, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA and USB.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will contribute to SoC project development with some guidance and have ability to work independently;
- You will be capable of solving problems of moderate complexity and apply judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- You will interact with the more experienced team members to resolve problems and help to mentor junior members of the team;
- You may be asked to contribute to sales support and technical white papers.
A degree in a related subject with practicable experience is essential.