The main purpose of the architect role is to convert the customer’s high-level product concepts into a SoC implementation specification. This role would be ideal for an engineer with 10+ years' experience. The role is based in Xi'an.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Sondrel’s engineers gain a wealth of experience and exposure to numerous projects, technologies, applications and personal engagements. Applications can include; AI, Automotive, and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Lead some of the most complex designs or learn from other talented engineering capabilities, whilst working on one of the numerous designs in progress at a time;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Responsible for the SoC architecture, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan.
- The SoC architecture document and implementation specification will cover key IP, clock, reset, bus fabric, and IO/pad-ring specification and configuration.
- Involvement in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation.
- Technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries.
- Communicate with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and product engineering.
- Will be required to provide sales support as part of a team.
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
- Should be able to coach junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activities including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floor-planning).
- Should be able to contribute to technical white papers.
- Should be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping.
- Should be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
- Typically 10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Input skill set one or more of the following: SoC design, implementation, and verification; Performance analysis; Power analysis
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team or takes the lead in solving the issue.
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Good Oral and Written English
A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant subject
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration and additional benefits including a company financial bonus