Sondrel have a worldwide design team of over 170 engineers and have an opportunity to hire a further team of Physical Design Engineers in the UK. The successful engineers will be working on a variety of projects and technologies down to 7nm.
You will have responsibility for block development from RTL to GDS and will be expected to take ownership of the responsibilities assigned to you. This role would be ideal for an Engineer with a minimum 2 years’ experience and will be based at one of our UK design centres.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Sondrel’s engineers gain a wealth of experience and exposure to numerous projects, technologies, applications and personal engagements. Applications can include; AI, Automotive, and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Lead some of the most complex designs or learn from other talented engineering capabilities, whilst working on one of the numerous designs in progress at a time;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Undertaking RTL to GDSII tasks covering; Place and Route, Static Timing Analysis, Synthesis, Physical Design, IR drop, DRC and LVS;
- Either lead physical design projects as an expert or undertaking a task and develop capabilities in a specific field of physical design;
- Solving problems of significant complexity or demonstrate an understanding to interpret results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- Engage in maintaining the high quality of the team work produced.
Leadership and Engagement:
- Excellent communication skills with team members, management and to engage professionally and directly with customers;
- Work as a team across global locations, supporting and mentoring others to achieve the best outcome.
- EDA tool knowledge essential with either Synopsys (e.g, design compiler, ICC, ICC2, ICV, Primetime etc) and / or Cadence (Genus, Innovus, Tempus, Voltus etc) flows;
- Knowledge of point tools such as Mentor Calibre or Apache Redhawk is beneficial but not essential;
- Show experience and ability in all the tools or be an outstanding expert in one or two, examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification;
- Microelectronics degree or equivalent
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration and additional benefits including a company financial bonus.