Sondrel are expanding the HR team to meet the demands of the expanding staff across all regions. The new role of a Learning and Development Specialist is required to develop and deliver the Learning and Development initiative, encompassing training needs assessments, coordinating and delivering technical training, developing coaching and mentoring techniques, delivering and maintaining management development programmes. This role will be reporting to the Global Operations Director, working alongside the HR and Recruitment teams, and collaborating and developing programmes for the different departments within the company, but mostly with the Engineering team in UK, Morocco, China and India. As this is a new role within the company there is little infrastructure in place and it will be up to the L&D Specialist to not only deliver the initiative, but to create the infrastructure, policies, processes and maintenance to support the ongoing development of employees. This will require patience, resilience, and a strong determination to get the job done.
Purpose of Role
To deliver Sondrel’s strategic learning and development initiative as aligned to our strategy and people plan, collaborating with internal stakeholders to create, design and deliver Learning & Development plans across all international locations and for different seniority levels.
- Responsible for designing, planning, preparing and coordinating all Learning & Development across the organisation globally.
- Design and create training manuals and course materials.
- Build e-learning training programs by designing accredited online learning modules.
- Collaborate with senior project/team managers and others as appropriate to create, develop and design a learning and development plan.
- Develop and build a library of training material.
- Complete training needs assessments. Assess training needs through surveys or consultations with Managers.
- Facilitate/Deliver the Management Development program.
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure they are current and effective.
- Develop a culture of performance coaching to support individual development.
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrolment.
- Identifying and selecting external training providers to deliver bespoke training courses as required.
- Manage relationships with training providers
- Bachelors degree or 5+ years proven experience as an L&D Specialist
- CIPD Certification would be desirable
- Accreditation in delivering nationally recognised training courses would be an advantage
Skills & Experience
- Creative in designing training programmes
- Be able to demonstrate experience in creating content for and facilitating leadership and management development programmes
- The ability and confidence to deliver training to Directors and Senior Managers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with strong management consciousness and interpersonal skills
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Proven experience in training evaluation
- Solid IT and Social Media skills
- Experience in blended learning
- Experience of working across different geographical sites and internationally
- Extremely self-motivated, tenacious and confident with good networking skills
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and productively building good relationships
- Good communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- Keen to take pride in own work with a willingness to be involved in everything, from the mundane to the challenging
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus discretionary annual performance bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- 25 days paid annual holiday
- Chance to travel internationally