Purpose of Role
Responsible for the management of the HR department and functions within Europe, Morocco and India. This includes management of the employee life-cycle; from on-boarding, employee relations, and performance management. The HR Manager will be required to manage a team of 5 people.
- Advise Line Managers, Team Leaders and the Executive Management on all HR matters relating to employees for EMEAI region.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of all HR responsibilities, processes and documentation, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Take ownership of HR issues including the management of employee relations issues, grievance and disciplinary cases comply with policy, employment legislation reviews ensuring both HR and the company are aligned with best practice methodology.
- Oversee starters and leavers process.
- Review turnover rates and propose retention strategies where necessary.
- Working with department heads to coordinating the Performance Reviews, ensuring that this process is effective, and that employees’ performance continuously improves.
- Observe and ensure compliance with company Health & Safety Policies.
- Development of employees and managers ensuring that there is compliance with rules and regulations in HR processes while raising awareness within the business about current and new employment legislation as well as other corporate initiatives.
- Working to stringent deadlines whilst managing a high volume, challenging and varied workload, using own initiative and time management skills.
- Working closely with the HR and Operations administrator to ensure administrative and facilities activities run smoothly throughout the EMEA offices.
- To work proactively with HR colleagues worldwide to ensure consistent communication throughout the business.
- Manage a team of 5 people including HR & Operations Administrator and HR Advisors based in India and Morocco.
- To be mentor and coach for less senior members of business operations team.
- Create collaborative working relationships with Managers of other departments.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in HR management or related subject.
- At least 3 years previous HR and managerial experience.
- CIPD Level 7 would be desirable but not essential.
Skills & Experience
- Good management and relationship skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of HR best practice and compliance.
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and productively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- A proven track record of success as a HR specialist across the key HR disciplines.
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Knowledge of Employment law matters.
- Relevant background experience in dealing with EMEAI HR and legal matters.
- Experience in and understanding of, working with multinational companies.
- Experiences of dealing with general office facilities management.
- Experience of working in a Global environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- Passionate HR Generalist who puts people first
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior team members
- Team player with the ability to self-motivate and work under own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis and work the required hours
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus discretionary annual performance bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working