Sondrel is well-known for delivering quality, highly complex Integrated Circuit designs to fabless and systems companies globally. Our designs have appeared in hundreds of leading-edge products including those of the market leaders in mobile phones, cameras, security systems, AR/VR systems, network switches and routers, and many more.
Operating from our design centres in UK, France, Morocco, China and India, our clients engage with us from concept all the way to production silicon, or use our individually tailored specialist services. Our success is based on our knowledge of how to get the most out of silicon, and how to get it to market reliably, on time and at the right price.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to be based in our Theale office near Reading. This is an exciting, global role, in which a hands-on marketing professional can take ownership of Sondrel’s marketing operations and make an immediate impact. You will have responsibility for co-coordinating and executing a full mix of online and offline activities to drive and maintain the Sondrel brand. You will also focus on lead generation for our Sales team.
This is an exciting opportunity to position the brand of a high-end design services and consultancy company with international office locations across Europe and Asia.
- Working closely with the executive staff to create and implement comprehensive policies and programs relating to corporate marketing, communications and advertising;
- Defining Sondrel's service offering and developing the differentiating message, disseminating it internally and externally via mediums such as print, digital, trade shows and sales collateral;
- Developing a measuring system for determining the success of marketing activity, and use the information obtained to drive improved ROI against agreed KPI’s;
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of market needs and competitive offerings and developing differentiating services and messaging;
- Designing and maintaining all marketing collateral including the web site, social media messaging, datasheets and press coverage;
- Identify, select and organise participation at exhibitions and conferences (mostly abroad), including speaking engagements and exhibition stands;
- Maintaining control over the Sondrel brand and associated messaging and ensure its consistent promotion internally and externally;
- Ensuring a clear definition of the service offerings is disseminated to all staff, and the appropriate collateral and other support is available to the sales team;
- Selecting and managing within budget all outsourced marketing suppliers;
- Working with partner organisations, developing creative and compelling marketing content across a variety of channels (online and print), ensuring that content is technically correct, and that messaging increases brand awareness;
- Ensuring all marketing activity enhances audience engagement and drives lead generation;
- Able to work in a standalone role with minimal supervision.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within a technical services organisation;
- Experience of determining price and position for a product or services using established marketing tools and techniques;
- Ability to manage spend to a budget and record ROI via selected KPI’s;
- Able to define, edit and maintain content on a corporate website;
- Understanding of social media marketing;
- Management of external contractors to quality, time and budget;
- Experience in the commissioning of technical written and image collateral from inside and outside the company;
- Understanding of the ‘customer journey’ and contact segmentation to create targeted messaging based on geography, job function, market vertical etc;
- International exhibition organisation;
- Ability to write and bring PRs to market and measure outcomes;
- Understanding of web site optimisation;
- Experience of creating measurable marketing outcomes in international markets;
- Proven background in lead creation for a sales team;
- Experience in linking social media to B2B marketing;
- Understanding of CRM tools (ideally Salesforce) and marketing automation tools (ideally Hubspot or a similar platform);
- Experience of working in an organisation with high value products or services.
- Formal Qualification in marketing such as CIM.