We have an opportunity for a Hardware Design Engineer engineer to join our SoC design team.
You will be a hands-on technical contributor to ASIC/SoC and IP development projects and work on designs using a range of hardware description languages.
The role will involve working with project leaders to implement, synthesize and integrate designs, run design checks and develop design methodologies.
This role will be based in one of our UK design offices: Bristol, Kings Langley or Theale.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm;
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects;
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
Responsibilities, Skills and Experience:
- You will have good knowledge of digital design concepts and be able to contribute to technical projects with some guidance;
- You will be able to work independently, or part of a small team;
- You will be able to solve problems of moderate complexity and apply judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis;
- You will have knowledge of HDL coding such as VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog;
- Good understanding of system design knowledge such as clock domain management, reset schemes and power management;
- Design for Test, Design checking – Lint, CDC, Power intent– UPF and or CPF knowledge;
- Basic synthesis and constraints generation knowledge;
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation knowledge;
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT knowledge.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will have a proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in a particular subject matter;
- Listen to customer feedback, recognize opportunities and provide feedback for technical innovation.
A degree in a related subject with 2 years’ practicable experience is essential.