Sondrel design some of the most complex SoCs (System on Chips) in the world, and a host of embedded software is required right from the early stages of chip design all the way through to delivering a silicon tested board support package to customers. Where possible we upstream drivers to the open source community.
The embedded Software written by the Sondrel team is typically Linux kernel device drivers, boot code, and a small amount of user space code. We want someone who wants to be right down there close to the hardware, debugging not only the Software but working with Sondrel's Hardware team to debug the silicon and sometimes the PCB.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join our UK-based team at our Kings Langley office.
- You will already have a solid foundation in the C programming language, be a fast learner who is eager to gain new skills, and have a passion for solving complex problems;
- You will be able to rapidly ramp up and contribute to embedded software development with some guidance and will soon be able to work independently;
- You will be tenacious and stick with a problem until the root cause has been fully understood and resolved;
- You will want to work somewhere that values quality - you expect your code to be peer reviewed and you will put time and effort into reviewing other people’s code and spread knowledge and skill throughout the team;
- You will be self-disciplined, and manage the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed.
Leadership and Engagement:
- You will be a good communicator; you will not hesitate to
make use of a whiteboard with other members of the team to gather opinions and suggestions on how to solve issues;
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Good C programming language skills;
- Understanding of basic source control concepts;
- Good spoken and written English language skills;
- Familiar with Linux;
- Basic understanding of electronics;
- Great problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of source control systems, particularly git;
- Python or bash scripting language skills;
- Ability to use an oscilloscope;
- Type of person that tinkers with embedded software at home as a hobby;
- Some Linux kernel development experience.
This position would be ideal for a recent Graduate or for a student who is finishing their degree in Summer 2018.