Sondrel is Europe's largest independent IC design consultancy and we design some of the most complex SoC (System on Chips) in the world. We help technology companies take their product ideas to fully validated and packaged silicon ready for market.
As part of the Physical Implementation Design Team, the Graduate Engineer will have responsibility for block development of RTL to GDS under mentor supervision and will be expected to be take ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join our UK-based team at one of our offices in Kings Langley or Theale.
Why Work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies
- Play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects providing opportunities for continual learning and skill development
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with possibilities of visiting one of our 7 global offices
- Contribute to physical design projects with guidance and have some ability to work independently
- Capable of solving problems of moderate complexity
- Applies judgement in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work
- You should be capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems
- Be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping
- Be self-disciplined in executing design tasks
Skills and Attributes:
- Good science based degree preferably in electrical engineering or microelectronics
- Knowledge of Tcl, Perl and/or Python
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Able to work under own initiative
- Good spoken and written English language skills
- High organisational and problem-solving skills
- Fast learned and thirst for knowledge
- A degree in a relevant science subject is essential for this position
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive salary including a company financial bonus
- Possibility for travel