Purpose of the role:
A technical contributor on ASIC and IP development projects, working very closely with the senior designers and other engineering teams to implement digital IP designs and integrate these and 3rd party designs into customer ASICs and SoCs.
This role involves processing customer technical requirements, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively in a multi-site development environment.
The candidate will contribute to designs using a range of hardware description languages and tools. The candidate would also be occasionally involved in supporting verification tasks, design methodology development and other tasks required by the wider engineering team.
- Keep up to date with relevant engineering advances in the field and ensure that Sondrel is kept at the forefront of state-of-the-art technologies, methodologies and design processes as used in the industry
- Support the analysis of customer requirements and implementation of functional digital designs and integration flows for ASICs and complex SoCs.
- Convey specifications to high quality, well-documented designs in a timely manner and provide feedback and support to engineering management.
- Assist in the development of internal flows and tools to improve the efficiency of design development and database management.
Duties & Activities:
- Development, maintenance and deployment of proprietary scripts and tools used in the design and database management of ASICs/SoCs.
- Deployment of industry-leading EDA tools for design quality assurance and optimisation.
- Collaborate with senior team members to identify and resolve problems
- Collaborate with team members from other engineering disciplines to ensure strategy is implemented successfully throughout the design process
- A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant or non-relevant subject
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Follows broad instructions
- Good knowledge of digital design concepts
- Contributes to technical projects with guidance
- Some ability to work independently but will work as part of a team.
- Solves problems of low-moderate complexity
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Integrates thorough technical knowledge within discipline
- Interacts with more experienced team members to resolve complex problems
- Applies knowledge of a single OR multiple sub function(s)
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management
- Design for Test
- Design checking – Lint, CDC
- Power intent– UPF and or CPF
- Basic synthesis
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation
- Database Management
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
- Technical planning
- Good communication and time management skills
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Team player and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- A willingness to travel on an occasional basis and work the required hours
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary plus discretionary annual performance bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to progress to Senior Consultant quickly
- Working with the latest technologies