We are looking for an FPGA Prototyping Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis.
Sondrel designs some of the most complex SoCs (System on Chips) in the world, and a host of embedded software is required right from the early stages of chip design all the way through to delivering a silicon tested board support package to customers. We use FPGA prototyping to verify our designs and to enable software co-development.
You will own the whole FPGA prototyping flow and systems to enable IP designed in house or by a customer to be prototyped on FPGAs. You will provide the FPGA expertise that will enable IP debug and embedded software development. Your colleagues and our customers will engage with you as a source of deep FPGA technical knowledge.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centres and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development
- FPGA Design flow – Design, Simulation, Synthesis, PnR, mainly targeted at Xilinx FPGAs
- Specify and review FPGA prototyping hardware
- Debug of implemented IPs utilising a variety of FPGA debug methodologies – simulation, embedded analyser, external test equipment, purpose designed debug modules
- Collaborate closely with software team to bring up IP and develop drivers
- Contribute to technical white papers and conference papers
- Provide FPGA technical expertise to pre-sales team for customer engagements
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- RTL Design (Verilog or VHDL)
- FPGA logic synthesis (using tools such as Synplify, Precision, Vivado)
- Experience with debugging on the target
- Experience of embedded CPU and AXI based systems
- Experience of scripting languages e.g. Bash, Tcl. Perl and Python
- Develops and presents technical white papers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communicator
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team and be able to mentor other team members
- Be comfortable interfacing with suppliers and customers
- Able to work under own initiative
- Good English Language skills
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team