Purpose of Role:
To assist the Group companies in achieving its business objectives by ensuring accurate reporting and efficient management of the Group companies finances while providing effective support to internal and external stakeholders across the Asia region.
- Preparation of monthly reporting of the Asia business units plus coordination across Asia within agreed deadlines.
- Control and sign off balance sheet reconciliations for relevant Asia units within the Group.
- Supervise Asia finance team to complete group transactions within agreed deadline.
- Review local accounting system reconciliation with group system to ensure accuracy of all systems.
- Manage local relationships with auditors and tax advisors.
- Identify, propose and implement improvements to the finance systems and processes, considering all control requirements to enhance efficiency and capability to support the future growth of the business.
- Ensure full compliance with all local regulations and provide information as required.
- Drive operational efficiencies and cost savings across Asia.
- Apply relevant tax benefits for Asia entities.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement.
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, including pricing, costs, salaries, expenses, etc.
- Effective tax planning, cashflow management and transfer pricing. Developing and maintaining systems and internal controls to safeguard the company's financial position and intellectual property.
- Management of internal finance team and external financial consultants.
- Partner the ASIA Regional Engineering Heads to develop each business unit, resolve challenges and mitigate risks.
- Provide professional advice and support to Asia business units.
- Support Group activities such as budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent.
- Business related degree (or equivalent).
- English language fluency, spoken and written.
- Group multi-currency consolidations and multisite reporting.
- Cashflow management. Ability to forecast cash accurately and effectively, obtaining a strong balance between certainty and uncertainty.
- International working experience, managing different cultures and regulatory requirements.
- Accounting background, ability to understand and advise on GAAP.
- Experience of Sales Force and Financial Force.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, operating in a multi-national environment.
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly.
- Ability to manage, not just report, to challenge convention and produce continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keen to take pride in own work.
- Capable of making swift, yet effective recommendations, demonstrating clarity of thought and able to debate effectively.
- Willingness to be involved in everything, from the mundane to the challenging.
- A willingness to travel occasionally and work variable hours as demanded by the job.
- Ability to think constructively, to problem solve, and to move the company forward in innovative but financially sound ways.
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and productively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration and additional benefits including a company financial bonus