Purpose of Role
A technical contributor on ASIC and IP development projects, working very closely with the ASIC project leaders to implement, synthesise and integrate designs, run design checks and develop design methodologies.
Candidate will contribute to designs using a range of hardware description languages and tools. The candidate would also be occasionally involved in verification tasks and support. This position also involves analysing customer technical requirements, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively in a multi-site development environment.
- Keep up to date with all the advances in the field and ensure the company is well at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technology, methodologies and processes used in the industry.
- Support the analysis of customer requirements and implementation of functional digital designs and integration flows for ASICs and complex SoCs.
- Support of simulation-based verification and hardware-based emulation activities.
- Development, maintenance and deployment of proprietary scripts and tools used in the design and database management of ASICs/SOCs.
- Development of industry-leading EDA tools for design quality assurance, power optimisation.
- Interact with the more experienced team members to resolve problems.
- Interact with team members from other disciplines to ensure strategy is implemented successfully throughout the design process.
- A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant or non-relevant subject.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Follows broad instructions.
- Good knowledge of digital design concepts.
- Contributes to technical projects with guidance.
- Some ability to work independently but will work as part of a team.
- Solves problems of moderate complexity.
- Applies judgement in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Integrates though technical knowledge within discipline.
- Interacts with more experienced team members and managers to resolve complex problems.
- Applies knowledge of a single OR multiple sub function(s).
- Contributes to technical white papers.
- Contributes to sales support as part of a team effort.
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog.
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management.
- Design for Test.
- Design checking – Lint, CDC.
- Power intent– UPF and or CPF.
- Basic synthesis and constraints generation.
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation.
- Database Management.
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT.
- Technical planning.
- Good communication and time management skills
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- A willingness to travel on an occasional basis and work the required hours.