Sondrel India is looking out for dynamic and talented Verification Engineering Manager with leadership attributes having minimum 10+ expertise in ASIC/SoC implementation of complex designs, provides technical and managerial direction to projects, mentors and leads the Design Verification team in different aspects for advanced technology nodes. Take up challenges to manage a team of highly skilled engineers and drives them to deliver well in Sondrel India.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Leadership opportunity to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and explore project and team management challenges.
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT).
- World Class Customers.
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges.
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centers and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life Balance.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary aim of this role is to lead design verification projects as specified by the Director of Engineering. Serves as a subject matter expert in functional verification, able to define the technical approach, solve complex problems and provide input to team members, managers on project, technical or innovation issues. Uses technical knowledge to support the development of Statement of Work documents and must be able to lead technical discussions with customers.
- Excellent leadership skills
- The ability to mentor and develops team members to create innovative new ideas and promote a highly creative environment.
- Set standards for the technological development in the company and lead the staff towards its fulfilment
- Keep up to date with all the advances in the field and ensure the company is well at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technology, methodologies and processes used in the industry
- Gather creative and talented technical staff and form a team for achievement of targets
- Skills and Specifications: Hands-on expertise in IP and/or SoC level functional verification
- Track development activities and administer milestones deliverables.
- Coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams to define and create verification plans
- A proven track record of delivering ground-breaking optimised design solutions in a functional verification
- A sound analysis of design methodology to deliver robust optimised design solutions to agreed goals.
- Represent employer at conferences and meetings and present technical papers.
A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant subject . BE/MTech with relevant subject with minimum 10 years’ experience in same domain.
- Typically, 10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within a technical discipline with latitude for decision making
- Metric driven verification, verification planning, functional coverage, code coverage, System Verilog, UVM, ABV, Unit level and top-level verification, testbench architecture design
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced team members
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- Listens to customer feedback, recognizes opportunities, and provides feedback for technical innovation
- Contributes to technical discussions with customers at all stages of sales interaction
- Contributes to the development of technical sales documents such as a Statement of Work
- Develops and presents technical white papers.
- System Verilog, UVM, ABV, constrained random verification
- VHDL, PSL, SVA,
- VMM, OVM
- Formal verification – model checking, CDC, coverage closure, x-prop
- Power aware verification – UPF and or CPF, RTL and gate-level simulation
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation
- HW acceleration – emulation
- Verification infrastructure automation – Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
- Coverage databases e.g. UCDB
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior team members
- Team player and ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis and work the required hours
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team.
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.