We, Sondrel India looking out for talented Physical Design professional with min 5 - 7 years’ experience who will work as part of a physical implementation design team. You will have opportunity for block development and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS exploring your leadership and team management skills.
This role will be based in Sondrel India Hyderabad Office.
Why work for Sondrel?
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and work on projects down to 7nm.
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT).
- World Class Customers.
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges.
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centers and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life balance.
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Consultant / Team Lead Physical Design Engineer is expected to work as part of a Physical implementation design team. Within the team the designer will have opportunity for block implementation and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS and will be expected to be diligent their ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them. They will also be able manage a team of 2-3 junior engineers and be responsible for their line management and if appropriate day-to-day tasks.
- Typically, 5-7 years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Top level, Physical Verification and implementation experience.
- Should have good TAPE OUT experience on multiple technologies 5 nm, 7 nm, 12 nm, 28 nm etc.
- Should have worked on the DRC, LVS, ANTENNA, ERC physical verification checks.
- Should have good work experience and understanding of Concepts in Synthesis, Floor planning, Placement, CTS, Routing, STA.
- Input skill set one or more of the following: PnR using either Synopsys ICCII, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus, Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC, experience of Formality or Formalpro, Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator.
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project.
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team, Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments.
- Develops and presents technical white papers.
- Ability to guide and mentor a team of 2-3 engineers.
- The person should contribute to physical design projects with little guidance and can work independently.
- Should be capable of solving problems of complexity designs.
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
- Should be capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems.
- At this level, the Consultant should show ability in many tools or be an expert in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing.
- Should be able to contributes to technical white papers.
- May contribute to sales support as part of a team.
- Should be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping.
- Should be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
- Team leader of a team of 2-3 engineers.
UG/PG: B. Tech /B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers with 5-7 years’ experience in ASIC Physical Design project implementation.
- Self-organisation, motivated and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly.
- Team player and leader.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis and work the required hours.
- Ability to take secondments abroad for 3-6 months.
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
- Tcl, Perl and or Python.
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression. opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.