Sondrel is looking out for dynamic and talented ASIC SoC/IP Physical Design Engineering Manager with leadership attributes having minimum 10+ expertise in Physical design RTL2GDS implementation of complex designs, provides technical and managerial direction to projects, mentors and leads the physical design team in different Physical Design technologies for advanced technology nodes. Take up challenge to manage a team of highly skilled engineers and drives them to deliver well in Sondrel India.
Purpose of the Role:
Engineering Manager is expected to take the lead as part of a Physical implementation design team. This may take the form of being an outstanding expert in an aspect of the physical design skillset or as the team project lead.
Within the team the Lead will contribute from RTL to GDS. As the team lead the professional will also fulfil the role of customer interface, reporting all aspects of the project.
Why work for Sondrel?
- Leadership opportunity to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies and explore project and team management challenges.
- Opportunity to work on applications such as AI, Automotive, Fintech and Internet of Things (IoT).
- World Class Customers.
- Multi-cultural, multinational work environment with challenges.
- Work for one of Europe's leading concept-to-silicon design centers and play a key role in working on a variety of exciting projects.
- Become an integral member of a truly global business with excellent opportunities for continued learning and skill development.
- Work Life Balance.
- Bring deep knowledge and experience in Physical design and apply them to large, challenging, leading-edge designs to ensure high quality on time delivery.
- Bring significant experience in effective team management to help mentor, coach and grow the Physical Design Team with an emphasis on positive influence on team morale and culture.
- Technically manage different aspects of Physical Design including Chip Level Floor planning, Bus /Pin Planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off.
- Experience and understanding of flow development and scripting.
- Strong Technical problem and debugging solving.
- The person will lead physical design projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field of physical design.
- Should be capable of solving problems of significant complexity.
- Can demonstrate judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced.
- Should be capable of interacting with team members and the engineering management team.
- Should be capable of mentoring junior members of the team and leading a large project team.
- At this level, the Principal Consultant should show experience and significant ability in all the tools or be an outstanding expert in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing.
- Should be able to contributes to technical white papers and present at internal and external conferences and will contribute to sales support as part of a team
A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant subject . Masters or PhD in a related subject but with 10+ years practicable experience. Project management qualification
- Typically, 10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Input skill set one or more of the following: PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus. Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC. Experience of Formality or Formalpro. Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project
- Hands on experience in TCL, Perl or Python
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to lead or be part of a physical implementation team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Develops and presents technical white papers.
- Ability to take secondments abroad for 3-6 months.
- Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and time management skills;
- Team organization and ability to set and change priorities quickly;
- Team player and self-motivated;
- Ability to motivate a team under pressure;
- Organization and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work under own initiative;
- A willingness to travel on an occasional basis and work the required hours;
- Technical planning;
- Conflict resolution;
- Ability to quantify risks and estimate engineering effort.
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team.
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.