The Area Sales Manager role involves managing existing accounts (including key accounts) and prospecting for new accounts using the in-country support collaborations, leads created by marketing, attendance at industry shows and events, networking within the IC community and other methods as appropriate.
Whilst Sondrel, to date has few direct USA accounts, many of its global accounts are headquartered in the USA and these relationships can be developed by more focused and regular contact. Sondrel has typically seen up to 1/3rd of its global services business from the Israeli market. Typically about 6-10 existing accounts will be managed and it is desired to add 4-5 new accounts wins each year in the area.
Initial prospecting and early meetings will be a solo effort or working alongside the in-country support collaborations, but as an opportunity is progressed you will also work alongside pre-sales technical management to build up the proposal and service offering and understand and interpret customer requirements.
The role would be an ideal opportunity for an up-and-coming semiconductor sales professional with a consultative approach to selling and account management experience.
- Acting as the primary customer contact for Sondrel’s IC design services;
- Managing existing accounts and prospecting for new accounts using leads created by marketing;
- Attending industry shows and events and networking within the IC design community;
- Working to set targets and KPIs on new account generation;
- Assisting pre-sale technical managers to develop proposals, service offering and understanding customer requirements;
- Developing an understanding of sales related issues such as engineer utilization, pricing and skills mapping;
- Assessing potential accounts for suitability and working on account development plans;
- Negotiating with clients.
- Previous experience of account management within the semiconductor industry, engineering services or a technically similar product field;
- Consultative approach to client engagement and can deal with challenging issues such as project delays;
- Experience of technical sales in at least one of the two territories named;
- 5 years + technical sales & account management experience;
- The candidate may have sold either services or products and there must be similarities to Sondrel’s business needs;
- Proven track record in opening new accounts and closing deals around bespoke contracts;
- Technical background such that the general principles of IC design and production can be learnt and understood;
- Proven sales methodology;
- Self starter with high levels of drive and self-motivation;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and work the typical hours of the role;
- Able to use CRM tools such as Salesforce to record information and keep accurate, up-to-date records;
- Ensuring SoW, contracts, PO’s and other customer or Sondrel documents that are uploaded onto Salesforce;
- Home office set up with sufficient bandwidth etc but able to be on site at Theale headquarters as the main location.
- Technically qualified in an appropriate engineering or science discipline;
- Fluent English speaker.
- Competitive remuneration and additional benefits including a company financial bonus.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting edge design company.