Staff Verification Engineer
Are you a hands-on technical contributor who can take a lead on ASIC/SoC and IP development projects? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Staff Verification Engineer to come and join our tight knit family at Sondrel and make a real impact. You will help architect, specify, and lead the implementation of verification projects using high level verification languages. You will work very closely with ASIC/SoC project leaders to implement complete verification environments and methodologies. If you like to work in a collaborative, multi-site development environment then we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Tracking development activities and administering milestones deliverables
- Gathering creative and talented technical staff and forming a team for achievement of targets
- Broadening your cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Listening to customer feedback, recognising opportunities and providing feedback for technical innovation
- Contributing to technical discussions with customers at all stages of sales interaction and to the development of technical sales documents such as a Statement of Work
- Evaluating issues and defining solutions and providing advice and guidance to team members
- Keeping up to date with all the advances in the field and ensure the company is well at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technology, methodologies and processes used in the industry
- Coordinating and communicating with cross functional teams to define and create verification plans
- Driving creative, dynamic projects with little guidance and have the ability to work independently
- Solving problems of moderate complexity maintaining a high quality in your work
- Interacting and collaborating with the more experienced team members to resolve challenging problems
- Contributing to technical white papers
- You may contribute to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Metric driven verification, verification planning, functional coverage, code coverage, verilog, Unit level and Top-level verification, testbench architecture design
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- A proven track record of delivering ground-breaking optimised design solutions in a functional verification
- Hands-on expertise in IP and/or SoC level functional verification
- Be able to evaluate issues and defines solutions as part of a team or take the lead in solving the issue
- Be able to apply judgment in interpreting results and conduct quantitative analysis
- A love of tinkering to solve problems. After all, Verification is about trying to break a design and then fixing it so that it does not break again.
- SystemVerilog, UVM, ABV, constrained random verification
- VHDL, PSL, SVA
- VMM, OVM
- Formal verification – model checking, CDC, coverage closure, x-prop
- Power aware verification – UPF and or CPF, RTL and gate-level simulation
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation
- HW acceleration – emulation
- Verification infrastructure automation – Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
- Coverage databases e.g. UCDB
Who you are
- An excellent leader with great communication, organisation and time management skills
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- You are self-motivated and proactive in your approach
- Passionate about all things technology and digital design
- You're able to work under own initiative as well as in a collaborative team
Where you will work
The Hyderabad office in India typically enjoys basking in the sun with a lovely 31 degrees. “This is one of the reasons why it is such a popular city to work in,” explained Kirthi Kishore, a Staff Engineer. “It is invariably pleasant warm weather unlike Bangalore, which is colder with much more humidity and rain, so we have engineers moving from there to join us. It’s a lovely city with historic architectures that go back several centuries such as the 16th century Charminar Mosque with four minarets as well as great restaurants and shops. Even more importantly, we have an excellent traffic management system so that the cars aren’t stuck in jams unlike some cities where it can take an hour to go one kilometre!"
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 24 days annual holiday
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Parental Insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Continuous training with online training platform
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy