Staff DFT Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled DFT Engineer to join our growing SoC design team. You will be responsible for leading a team of DFT engineers where you can carve your own career path and be an essential part of a dynamic, innovative company. You will succeed in this role if you have a proactive attitude and enjoy a challenge as you will be developing advanced DFT techniques and be responsible for architecting the DFT strategy on ongoing and future projects.
What you will be doing
- Researching leading techniques for efficient, structured test of digital and analogue silicon circuits and adapting them for specific customer requirements to create a clear strategy document
- You will be involved in selecting CAD tools and the deployment thereof to execute the insertion and verification of scan, memory and AMS BIST, memory repair, boundary scan
- Evaluating issues and defining solutions as part of a team or taking the lead in solving the issue
- Working with both junior and senior engineers to provide them with the direction to achieve the agreed test targets
- Leading a small group of DFT engineers, planning the remaining work, assigning tasks, managing priorities, reporting progress to the programme manager and to the project manager
- RTL design, qualification and verification of DFT controllers and associated logic.
- You will be leading DFT flow development
- Communicating with the customer to generate an agreed suite of ATE test vectors to take the SoC to production as quickly as possible and be responsible for ATE bring-up
- Driving creative, dynamic projects with little guidance and have the ability to work independently
- Solving problems of moderate complexity maintaining a high quality in your work
- Interacting and collaborating with the more experienced team members to resolve challenging problems
- Contributing to technical white papers
- You may contribute to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and associated shell scripting
- VHDL & Verilog RTL coding and debugging techniques
- Experience of architecting complex, hierarchical scan solutions on large SoCs
- Deep knowledge of the leading EDA vendors’ tool offerings in the fields of scan insertion/simulation, boundary scan and memory BIST/repair
- Experience of developing ATE test programmes and supporting product engineering teams to bring up and debug these
- Previous experience in leading a small team of engineers
- The ability to serve as an independent individual contributor to technical project or as part of a team
- The ability to evaluate issues and defines solutions as part of a team or take the lead in solving the issue
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A knowledge of destruction testing learnt as a child except now you know how to put things back together so that they work even better.
- Revision control (CVS, GIT, Perforce etc.)
- Tcl, Perl and or Python
- Good knowledge of design considerations (clock trees, reset networks, timing analysis, constraints generation, synthesis)
- Functional simulation using IUS or VCS.
- Formal Equivalence tools.
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
Who you are
- An excellent leader with great communication, organisation and time management skills
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- You are self-motivated and proactive in your approach
- Passionate about all things technology and digital design
- You're able to work under own initiative as well as in a collaborative team
Where you will work
For many people, their image of Morocco is based on black and white Hollywood movies. The reality is different, particularly in Rabat where our Moroccan office is located. This modern city sits where the Bouregreg River meets to warm Atlantic Ocean with many fantastic beaches. Small wonder that the Rabat office is high on the list for Sondrel staff to visit and even relocate to!
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 19 days annual holiday
- Public and Religious holidays in addition to annual leave
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Maternity Leave
- Medical coverage
- Continous training with online training platform
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy