Reporting to the Head of Design Architecture, the Solution Architect will work closely with customers, business development and engineering leads to present Sondrel’s capabilities, understand customer requirements and develop technical contract bids, enabling Sondrel to win new business, meeting targets, revenue, margin and utilisation.
What you will be doing
- Building confidence in the company’s vision and capabilities, by participating in customer and partner meetings to present Sondrel’s engineering credentials.
- Understanding the customer requirements and coordinate a bid team of architects, technical leads, project managers and partners to develop technical project proposals,
- Supporting the Sales team in developing commercial proposals such as RFQ Responses and Statements of Work, providing the technical content for documents used in the sales process.
- Supporting account managers in maintaining good customer relationships ensuring a positive customer experience throughout project execution
- Attending conferences and trade shows to represent Sondrel and present our capabilities, build contact networks, and generate new opportunities.
- Working with prospective customers to identify opportunities, understand requirements and develop ASIC design solutions and services proposals.
- Working with existing customers to ensure that the correct level of technical expertise is provided, and challenging customers to understand and utilize new techniques where they will add value to the customer’s business.
- Working with partner companies to understand new EDA tools, IP offerings and semiconductor supply chain options that can enhance the service offering to customers.
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant subject e.g. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related discipline
- SoC / Digital IC product development experience E.g. mobile, automotive, computer networking products
- Project management experience
- A good understanding of FE and BE IC design methodologies
- 10+ years of practicable experience
- PMP / PgMP certification
- ASIC development, new product introduction and supply chains
- Program management experience
- Previous experience of customer facing / partnership or supplier management role
- Experience of working in a service business
- Development of Statements of Work
- Experience with automotive safety critical design processes e.g. ISO26262 ASIL B or ASIL D
Who you are
- A strong communicator in a customer facing capacity
- A leader through influencing, without direct management authority
- A team player with excellent attention to detail
- You have the ability to work professionally & efficiently
- A good level of spoken and written English
- You have the ability to work under pressure with strong organisation and problem-solving skills
- You are able to travel max. 1-2 weeks
Where you will work
Xi'an is one of the world's famous historical cities, one of the birthplaces of the ancient civilization in the Yellow River Basin area of the country, and the starting point of the Silk Road. Now Xi'an is a diversified city integrating education, scientific research, transportation and tourism.
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Transportation allowance
- English training and online training platform
- Higher rate housing fund
- Commercial insurance
- Annual employee weekend away
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy