Sondrel is looking for a talented SoC Architect holding in the region of 10 years experience to join our team.
The main purpose of the SoC Architect role is to support sales in understand the customers’ high-level product concepts and convert these to a concept architecture by performing system architecture design studies from which a commercial proposal (RFQ Response) can be derived for an ASIC project. The concept architecture should meet the customer requirements and maximises the value that Sondrel can deliver to the customer. If acceptable to the customer a full Architecture Specification will be developed that can be executed by the engineering team and the SoC Architect will perform the role of design authority through-out the development process, until validated silicon is signed-off.
- Provide sales support as part of a customer facing team, to elaborate a customer’s design concept into a commercial IC design service proposal
- Refining SoC market requirements and developing the SoC architecture specifications, implementation specification, power estimate, security architecture, performance specification, area estimate and silicon floorplan
- The SoC architecture document and implementation specification will cover key IP, clock, reset, bus fabric, and IO/pad-ring specification and configuration
- Involvement in the complete SoC development cycle from initial concepts to overseeing final silicon validation, acting as design authority for the project.
- Technical interface to 3rd party IP providers. Working with IP providers to monitor road-map specification and implementation / deliveries
- Communicate with, influence and support design, verification, physical design, silicon validation, production test and product engineering
- Applying judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Coaching junior designers and support them in all the domains of a design activities including but not limited to coding, rules and clock-crossing domain checking, debug, synthesis, DFT, links to back-end (floor planning)
Leadership and Engagement:
- Excellent communication skills with team members, management and to engage professionally and directly with customers
- Work as a team across global locations, supporting and mentoring others to achieve the best outcome
Skills and Attributes:
- Typically 10+ years’ experience.
- Skill in System design, SoC implementation, and verification - Performance analysis and Power analysis
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team or takes the lead in solving the issue.
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Develops and presents technical white papers
- Systems architecture and related SoC architecture understanding would be desirable
- A degree in a relevant subject is essential for this position
- A masters or PhD in a related subject with practical experience is desired but not essential
Remuneration / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days paid annual holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity for career progression
Apply for this vacancy