Senior Physical Design Engineer
Purpose of role:
The Consultant Physical designer is expected to work as part of a Physical implementation design team. Within the team the designer will have responsibility for block development from RTL to GDS and will be expected to be diligent their ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
- The person should contribute to physical design projects with some guidance and have some ability to work independently.
- Should be capable pf solving problems of moderate complexity.
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
- Should be capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems.
- At this level the Consultant should show ability in many tools or be an expert in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing.
- Should be able to contributes to technical white papers.
- May contribute to sales support as part of a team.
- Should be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping.
- Should be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
Masters or PhD in a related subject but with 2 years practicable experience.
Skills & experience:
- Typically 2+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Input skill set one or more of the following:
- PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus
- Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC
- Experience of Formailty or Formalpro.
- Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical project.
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team or takes the lead in solving the issue.
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments.
- Develops and presents technical white papers.
- Self-organization and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organization and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
Apply for this vacancy