Senior Front-end Design Engineer
Are you an ambitious technical contributor and want to work on ASIC and IP development projects that challenge your thinking and progress your career? We’re hiring for a talented Senior Frontend Design Engineer who will be working very closely with the senior designers and other engineering teams to implement digital IP designs and integrate these and 3rd party designs into customer ASICs and SoCs. This role involves processing customer technical requirements, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively in a multi-site development environment. You will contribute to designs using a range of hardware description languages and tools as well as being occasionally involved in supporting verification tasks, design methodology development and other tasks required by the wider engineering team.
What you will be doing
- Keeping up to date with relevant engineering advances in the field and ensuring that Sondrel is kept at the forefront of state-of-the-art technologies, methodologies and design processes as used in the industry
- Supporting the analysis of customer requirements and implementation of functional digital designs and integration flows for ASICs and complex SoCs
- Conveying specifications to high quality, well-documented designs in a timely manner and providing feedback and support to engineering management
- Assisting in the development of internal flows and tools to improve the efficiency of design development and database management
- Developing, maintaining and deploying proprietary scripts and tools used in the design and database management of ASICs/SoCs
- Deploying industry-leading EDA tools for design quality assurance and optimisation
- Contributing to specialised projects with some guidance and have some ability to work independently
- Solving problems of moderate complexity and maintaining a high quality in your work
- Interacting and collaborating with the more experienced team members to resolve problems
- Contributing to technical white papers
- You may contribute to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Good knowledge of digital design concepts
- Knowledge of multiple sub function(s)
- Be able to apply judgment in interpreting results and conduct quantitative analysis
- Problem solving. Give you a clean whiteboard, a set of coloured markers, a problem to solve and you are in heaven.
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management
- Design for Test
- Design checking – Lint, CDC
- Power intent– UPF and or CPF
- Synthesis and constraints generation
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation
- Database Management
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
Who you are
- A confident leader with good communication, negotiation, problem-solving and time management skills
- You are self-organised and have the ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Have the ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Passionate about all things technology and digital design
- You enjoy working as part of a multinational team and collaborating with other disciplines
- Ambitious in wanting career development
Where you will work
Xi'an is one of the world's famous historical cities, one of the birthplaces of the ancient civilization in the Yellow River Basin area of the country, and the starting point of the Silk Road. Now Xi'an is a diversified city integrating education, scientific research, transportation and tourism.
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Transportation allowance
- English training and online training platform
- Higher rate housing fund
- Commercial insurance
- Annual employee weekend away
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy