Principal Physical Design Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and highly skilled Principal Physical Design Engineer who puts focus on quality and innovation to join and take the lead of our tightly integrated implementation design team. You will have significant responsibility for the delivery of a skilled task and/or the full chip from RTL to GDS. As a global company with connected offices, you will have the chance to travel both domestically and internationally and contribute to cutting edge design across the world. We have a variety of exciting and challenging projects within an autonomous, flexible, and supportive work environment where you will be recognised for your hard work.
What you will be doing
- Expertly interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Using your abilities with many tools and your expertise in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing
- Evaluating issues and defining solutions as part of a team
- Broadening your cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Taking the lead on innovative and complex projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field
- Solving problems of significant complexity and maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading large project teams
- Contributing to technical white papers and presenting at internal and external conferences as well as ontributing to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Typically, 8-10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
One or more of the following skills:
- PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus
- Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC
- Experience of Formailty or Formalpro
- Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
- The capability to problem solve with an ability to lead or be part of a physical implementation team
- Ability to take secondments abroad for 3-6 months
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- Tcl, Perl and or Python
Who you are
- A exceptional leader with outstanding communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- You have strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about driving technology and leading-edge digital design
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with a multinational team
- You have a self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Where you will work
The Hyderabad office in India typically enjoys basking in the sun with a lovely 31 degrees. “This is one of the reasons why it is such a popular city to work in,” explained Kirthi Kishore, a Staff Engineer. “It is invariably pleasant warm weather unlike Bangalore, which is colder with much more humidity and rain, so we have engineers moving from there to join us. It’s a lovely city with historic architectures that go back several centuries such as the 16th century Charminar Mosque with four minarets as well as great restaurants and shops. Even more importantly, we have an excellent traffic management system so that the cars aren’t stuck in jams unlike some cities where it can take an hour to go one kilometre!"
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 24 days annual holiday
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Parental Insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Continuous training with nline training platform
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy