Principal Design Engineer
We're looking for a creative lead technical planner who can contribute exceptionally on ASIC and IP development projects to join the growing team and work very closely with the programme management and senior design leads. You will implement and track digital IP designs and integrate these and 3rd party designs into customer ASICs and SoCs.
The diverse role involves working directly with customers, IP vendors and architects to define innovate tailored solutions that can be translated into high quality, achievable designs.
You will excel in this role if you can own and technically lead aspects of a design or ASIC/SoC integration, lead and monitor the interactions between multi-site engineering teams to ensure efficient communication, resolve design and methodology issues and make effective decisions to ensure projects remain on track with respect to schedules, budgets and quality commitments.
What you will be doing
- Keeping up to date with relevant engineering advances in the field and ensuring that Sondrel is kept at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technologies, methodologies and design processes as used in the industry
- Working with broader engineering teams and engineering management to define new or improved methodologies and ways of working
- Effectively delegating tasks relating to technical design and flow development
- Working with programme management team to identify risks and opportunities, estimating engineering efforts and updating on progress against project plans
- Trialling and deployment of industry-leading EDA tools for design quality assurance, power optimisation, constraints generation and synthesis/timing analysis
- Collating engineering data and providing regular feedback to customers and programme management about plans, risks, issues, progress etc
- Taking ownership of design blocks and technical leadership of all frontend aspects of their development from specification through handover with physical design team. Providing ongoing technical support through to productization
- Interacting with programme management both face-face and using online planning tools
- Taking the lead on innovative and complex projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field
- Solving problems of significant complexity and maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading large project teams
- Contributing to technical white papers and presenting at internal and external conferences as well as ontributing to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Typically, 8-10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Very Strong knowledge of digital design concepts and application in complex SoCs
- Ability to work as part of a team and also lead the technical direction of team members
- Experience of Use of Issue and Task tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge of multiple sub function(s)
- Be able to apply judgment in interpreting results and conduct quantitative analysis
- Validation and Product Engineering
- Linux software frameworks
- Project Planning
- HDL coding - VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog
- System design knowledge – clock domain management, reset schemes and power management
- Design for Test
- Design checking – Lint, CDC
- Power intent– UPF and or CPF
- Synthesis and constraints generation
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation, Gate-level simulation
- Database Management
- Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
Who you are
- A exceptional leader with outstanding communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- You have strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about driving technology and leading-edge digital design
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with a multinational team
- You have a self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Where you will work
Xi'an is one of the world's famous historical cities, one of the birthplaces of the ancient civilization in the Yellow River Basin area of the country, and the starting point of the Silk Road. Now Xi'an is a diversified city integrating education, scientific research, transportation and tourism.https://www.sondrel.com/careers/where-were-hiring/xian-china
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Transportation allowance
- English training and online training platform
- Higher rate housing fund
- Commercial insurance
- Annual employee weekend away
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy