Physical Design Engineer
Purpose Of Role
The Physical design Engineer is expected to work as part of a Physical implementation design team. Within the team the Engineer will have responsibility for block development from RTL to GDS under supervision of a mentor and will be expected to be diligent their ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
The person should contribute to physical design projects with guidance and have some ability to work independently.
· Should be capable pf solving problems of moderate complexity
· Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
· Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
· Should be capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems.
· Should be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping.
· Should be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
A degree in a relevant subject
Masters or PhD in a related subject but with 2 years practicable experience.
Skills and Experience
Good Science based degree
· Serves as an independent individual
contributor to technical project
· Demonstrates capability as a problem solver
with an ability to work individually or as part
of a team
· Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part
of a team or takes the lead in solving the
· Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge
through new assignments
· Microelectronics degree.
· Applies advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
· Tcl, Perl and or Python
· Input skill set one or more of the following: o PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus o Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC o Experience of Formailty or Formalpro.o Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive Salary plus discretionary annual performance bonus
Working with the latest technologies
Apply for this vacancy