Group Financial Controller
Job Ref: JI120821/01
YOU MUST BE ELIGIBILE TO WORK IN THE UK TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
We are looking for a highly organised Financial Controller to assist the company in achieving its business objectives by ensuring accurate reporting and efficient management of the company’s finances while providing effective support to internal and external stakeholders across the EMEA region. This is a major growth area for the company so there will be plenty of challenges to keep you busy and make a difference to the success of the company.
This role will be based in our Theale office. Currently working from home due to the pandemic however, we hope to return to the office 3 days per week from January 2022 unless further restrictions are imposed.
What you will be doing
- Preparation of monthly reporting of the EMEA business units plus coordination across EMEA within agreed deadlines
- Controlling and signing off balance sheet reconciliations for relevant business units within the Group
- Managing local relationships with auditors and tax advisors
- Identifying further development of the currently implemented accounting system (Salesforce/Financialforce), considering control requirements. Ensuring recommendations are made to enhance its efficiency and that its capabilities grow with the business
- Ensuring full compliance with all taxation regulations and providing information as required
- Preparing monthly group consolidations in accordance with UK accounting standards for different jurisdictions across the world to ensure sign off in accordance with agreed timetable
- Driving operational efficiencies and cost savings across EMEA
- Maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, including pricing, costs, salaries, expenses, etc
- Effective tax planning, cash flow management and transfer pricing internationally. Developing and maintaining systems and internal controls to safeguard the company's financial position and intellectual property
- Management of Finance Manager
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading project teams
What you will bring
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Business related degree (or equivalent)
- Experience of Group Consolidations and pulling together multisite reporting
- Strong Accounting background and ability to understand and advise on Gaap
- Ability to forecast, obtaining a strong balance between certainty and uncertainty
- Strong experience of planning and executing IT improvement projects, with an understanding of risk management, quality control, and future maintainability.
- Experience of working internationally, managing different cultures and regulatory requirements.
- Degree in relevant subject
- Experience of Sales Force and Financial Force
- Experience in and understanding of, working with multinational companies.
Who you are
- An excellent communitor with strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, operating in a multi-national environment
- You are self-organised and have the ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- You have the a ability to manage, not just report, to challenge convention and produce continuous improvement
- You're capable of making swift, yet effective strategic recommendations, demonstrating clarity of thought and able to debate effectively
- You have the willingness to be involved in everything, from the mundane to the challenging and travel occasionally
- You have the ability to think constructively, to problem solve, and to move the company forward in innovative but financially sound ways
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and productively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
Where you will work
Our headquarters is in a modern, light-filled office which has allocated parking. Located in Theale, which is close to Reading, it is surrounded by a mixture of lakes from fishing, sailing and nature reserves. It’s also very close to the Kennet and Avon canals. Plenty of country pubs in the area, golf courses, fishing lakes, good cycle and walking routes.
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days paid annual holiday + Public Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Online training platform
- Eye tests
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy