Senior Physical Design Engineer
Purpose Of Role
The Physical Designer Engineer is expected to work as part of a physical implementation design team. Within the team the designer will have responsibility for block development from RTL to GDS and will be expected to be diligent in their ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
- Should contribute to physical design projects with some guidance and have the ability to work independently.
- Should be capable pf solving problems of moderate complexity
- Applies judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Will be engaged in maintaining a high quality in their work.
- Should be capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems.
- At this level the Consultant should show ability in many tools or be an expert in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing
- Should be able to contribute to technical white papers
- May contribute to sales support as part of a team
- Should be capable of maintaining accurate time keeping.
- Should be self-disciplined in executing design tasks.
- A degree/masters or PhD in either a relevant subject or with 2 years practical experience.
Skills and experience
- Typically, 2+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives
- Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC
- Experience of Formality or Formalpro.
- Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
- Serves as an independent individual contributor to technical projects
- Demonstrates capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Evaluates issues and defines solutions as part of a team or takes the lead in solving the issue.
- Broadens cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Develops and presents technical white papers
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days paid annual holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity for career progression
Apply for this vacancy