DFT -Engineering Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled DFT Engineer to join our growing SoC design team. You will be responsible for leading a team of DFT engineers where you can carve your own career path and be an essential part of a dynamic, innovative company. You will succeed in this role if you have a proactive attitude and enjoy a challenge as you will be developing advanced DFT techniques and be responsible for architecting the DFT strategy on ongoing and future projects.
What you will be doing
- Researching leading techniques for efficient, structured test of digital and analogue silicon circuits and adapting them for specific customer requirements to create a clear strategy document
- You will be involved in selecting CAD tools and the deployment thereof to execute the insertion and verification of scan, memory and AMS BIST, memory repair, boundary scan
- Evaluating issues and defining solutions as part of a team or taking the lead in solving the issue
- Working with both junior and senior engineers to provide them with the direction to achieve the agreed test targets
- Leading a small group of DFT engineers, planning the remaining work, assigning tasks, managing priorities, reporting progress to the programme manager and to the project manager
- RTL design, qualification and verification of DFT controllers and associated logic.
- You will be leading DFT flow development
- Communicating with the customer to generate an agreed suite of ATE test vectors to take the SoC to production as quickly as possible and be responsible for ATE bring-up
- Taking the lead on innovative and complex projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field
- Solving problems of significant complexity and maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading large project teams
- Contributing to technical white papers and presenting at internal and external conferences as well as ontributing to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Typically, 8-10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and associated shell scripting
- VHDL & Verilog RTL coding and debugging techniques
- Experience of architecting complex, hierarchical scan solutions on large SoCs
- Deep knowledge of the leading EDA vendors’ tool offerings in the fields of scan insertion/simulation, boundary scan and memory BIST/repair
- Experience of developing ATE test programmes and supporting product engineering teams to bring up and debug these
- Previous experience in leading a small team of engineers
- The ability to serve as an independent individual contributor to technical project or as part of a team
- The ability to evaluate issues and defines solutions as part of a team or take the lead in solving the issue
- A knowledge of destruction testing learnt as a child except now you know how to put things back together so that they work even better.
- Revision control (CVS, GIT, Perforce etc.)
- Tcl, Perl and or Python
- Good knowledge of design considerations (clock trees, reset networks, timing analysis, constraints generation, synthesis)
- Functional simulation using IUS or VCS.
- Formal Equivalence tools.
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
Who you are
- A exceptional leader with outstanding communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- You have strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about driving technology and leading-edge digital design
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with a multinational team
- You have a self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Where you will work
The Hyderabad office in India typically enjoys basking in the sun with a lovely 31 degrees. “This is one of the reasons why it is such a popular city to work in,” explained Kirthi Kishore, a Staff Engineer. “It is invariably pleasant warm weather unlike Bangalore, which is colder with much more humidity and rain, so we have engineers moving from there to join us. It’s a lovely city with historic architectures that go back several centuries such as the 16th century Charminar Mosque with four minarets as well as great restaurants and shops. Even more importantly, we have an excellent traffic management system so that the cars aren’t stuck in jams unlike some cities where it can take an hour to go one kilometre!"
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- 48 -54 LPA depending on experience
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 24 days annual holiday
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Parental Insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Continuous training with online training platform
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
If you are interested in the role and have a CV please apply through the form below. If you don't have a CV ready, follow us on LinkedIn to express your interest and keep up to date with news, stories and new vacancies.
Apply for this vacancy