ASIC EDA/CAD Manager
Purpose Of Role
In partnership with the IT team and our EDA suppliers, ensure that the global Sondrel engineering team has a high-quality engineering infrastructure, design flow and sufficient licenses to complete projects to the expected quality and within planned timescales. Drive continued improvement in infrastructure and design flows to maximise the productivity within agreed budgets.
- Collate and optimise license requirements across all projects
- Contribute to license estimation for project quotation
- License usage planning optimisation and monitoring
- Ensuring fair-use policies are in place
- Drawdown and installation of licenses in line with agreed budgets & policies
Engineering Compute Infrastructure management (in conjunction with IT)
- Ensure that a good working environment is provided for our engineers
- User working environments
- Design storage management
- Compute farm management, fair-use, and optimisation
- Specification and testing of upgrades (HW & OS)
EDA Vendor relationships
- Prime technical and license interface with EDA vendors
- Covering roadmaps, training, license provision etc.
- Ensuring critical bug/support tickets are resolved
- Drive continuous improvement in Sondrel's engineering flows in conjunction with the Engineering Competency Leadership Team
- Identifying opportunities to improve Sondrel flows across all disciplines and making proposals to develop enhancements
- Review of design flow proposals and a key member of decision-making team
- Oversight of global flow development to ensure the correct solutions are being put in place and to ensure that we maintain a comprehensive and consistent flow
- Management of flow development activities across the organisation
- Ensure Flow development projects are resourced correctly and progressing to agreed plans
Front-line user support
- Front-line support to our global engineering base for engineering infrastructure issues in partnership with our IT team
A bachelor’s degree/masters or PhD in a relevant subject.
Bachelor’s degree in a related subject with 10+ years practical experience, or Masters /PhD in a related subject with 8+ years practical experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Typically, 8+ years’ experience in the semiconductor industry in a CAD/EDA role dealing directly with at least one of the big three EDA vendors
- Hands-on linux administrator knowledge in an engineering environment.
- Proven ability in EDA flow development and common EDA scripting languages
- Possesses a broad cross disciplinary (Architecture, Front-End Design, Verification, DFT, Physical Design and Software) knowledge but with the ability to apply advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
- Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Able to evaluate issues, define solutions and provide guidance to the engineering community.
- Able to lead and contribute to technical discussions to ensure ongoing technical innovation.
- Communication skills to effectively share plans and engage with flow development project team members to ensure successful project completion.
- Experience and knowledge of defining and/or implementing and/or maintaining at least one of the following:
- Engineering data management systems
- Compute Farm job management systems
- EDA License monitoring systems
- Cloud compute solutions for semiconductor design
- Experience of EDA and flow requirements for digital chips on leading edge process technologies (below 10nm)
Remuneration / Benefits
- Competitive remuneration and other benefits.
- Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design company.
- Excellent training and career-progression opportunities with the option for exemplary candidates to lead and manage their own team.
- Opportunity for international travel to other Sondrel sites.
Apply for this vacancy