Are you a natural leader with the ability to mentor and develop team members to create innovative new ideas? We have an exciting opportunity at Sondrel for a Verification Engineering Manager to lead design verification projects as specified by the Director of Engineering. To excel in this role, you will need to solve complex problems and provide creative inputs to team members.
What you will be doing
- Being part of a Front-end design/verification team that responsible for the SOC/ASIC products development and verification
- Building/Leading a team to implement both external and internal projects defined
- Working with global teams in Sondrel on SOC/Subsystem/Block level design verification jobs
- Tracking development activities and administering milestones deliverables
- Gathering creative and talented technical staff and forming a team for achievement of targets
- Analysing design methodology in order to deliver robust optimised design solutions to agreed goals
- Listening to customer feedback, recognising opportunities and providing feedback for technical innovation
- Contributing to technical discussions with customers at all stages of sales interaction
- Contributing to the development of technical sales documents such as a Statement of Work
- Broadening your cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Keeping up to date with all the advances in the field and ensure the company is well at the forefront of the state-of-the-art technology, methodologies and processes used in the industry
- Coordinating and communicating with cross functional teams to define and create verification plans
- Taking the lead on innovative and complex projects as an expert and/or demonstrate industry leading expertise in a specific field
- Solving problems of significant complexity and maintaining the high quality of the teamwork produced
- Mentoring junior members of the team and leading large project teams
- Contributing to technical white papers and presenting at internal and external conferences as well as ontributing to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Typically, 8-10+ years’ experience. Guided by program or project objectives.
- Metric driven verification, verification planning, functional coverage, code coverage, SystemVerilog, UVM, ABV, Unit level and top-level verification, testbench architecture design.
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions.
- A proven track record of delivering ground-breaking optimised design solutions in a functional verification.
- Hands-on expertise in IP and/or SoC level functional verification.
- Be able to evaluate issues and defines solutions as part of a team or take the lead in solving the issue
- Be able to apply judgment in interpreting results and conduct quantitative analysis
- A love of solving problems. You probably took the vacuum cleaner apart as a child and successfully put it back together without having parts left over.
- SystemVerilog, UVM, ABV, constrained random verification
- VHDL, PSL, SVA
- VMM, OVM
- Formal verification – model checking, CDC, coverage closure, x-prop
- Power aware verification – UPF and or CPF, RTL and gate-level simulation
- SoC level verification – HW/SW co-verification, multi-mode simulation
- HW acceleration – emulation
- Verification infrastructure automation – Perl, Python, Java, Tcl, IP-XACT
- Coverage databases e.g. UCDB
Who you are
- A exceptional leader with outstanding communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time well
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- You have strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about driving technology and leading-edge digital design
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with a multinational team
- You have a self-disciplined approach, managing the priorities of the work assigned to you carefully to make the projects succeed
Where you will work
Xi'an is one of the world's famous historical cities, one of the birthplaces of the ancient civilization in the Yellow River Basin area of the country, and the starting point of the Silk Road. Now Xi'an is a diversified city integrating education, scientific research, transportation and tourism. https://www.sondrel.com/careers/where-were-hiring/xian-china
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Transportation allowance
- English training and online training platform
- Higher rate housing fund
- Commercial insurance
- Annual employee weekend away
- International travel opportunities
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for this vacancy